Thursday, December 09, 2004
Hello again y'all. What a week it's been. It was my birthday on Sunday (18!!!!!!!), but due to the utter dullness that having a B'day on a Sunday, I went out for a meal the night before. It was good fun, with a couple of people coming along. Robyn and Lou made up the female contingent, with Humph, Tim, Nick and Ronald making up the male guests. Went to 'Bob's, a nice place in town. I had a tomato and mozzarella thing for starters, followed by a red Thai fish curry. Both were v. good, but the curry had too many mussles in. For pudding, I had a delicious raspberry and white choc concoction. We then retired to the pub, and had a couple. The actual birthday was quite dull, I went to 'The Old Nag's Head' with my 'Birthday Boy' badge on, but no-one noticed. I decided to carry my birthday forward to monday, and got a few 'happy birthday's' out of people. I was ill on Tue and Wed, with a nasty cold, and so missed the start of Hanukkah. I had pancakes at home though, so not all bad. Today, I got 6 doughnuts from the bakers and took them up to Classics with me. There were only two other people there, Lou and Charlotte, so Lou had 2, Charlotte and I had 1 1/2 and I left one for Mrs T. We had a chat about the Italy trip in the summer (looking forward to it!!!!). In RS we looked at the 'Sermon on the Plain' and how it was probs edited togeter afterwards. Quite dull stuff, but needed. My UCAS form is being sent off tomorrow (at last!!!). In the news today - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4082819.stm
Hurrah!!! Hurrah!!!! about time too. I don't see why the UK can't get it's act together, I mean, if Spain is planning to, why can't the UK? It's time we joined the 'Nords' in regards to this.
Not only Ca, but NZ joins in on the action ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4081089.stm ). Two UK- linked countries? on the same day?
I also decided that I would like to go to Japan, and perhaps NZ. I have some very distant relations in NZ, so I could visit, perhaps taking Tim along. I think Ronald took a course in Japanese, so perhaps we could go round Japan the summer after next. He would probs be in Hong Kong anyway, so it wouldn't be too bad. He's letting me borrow 'Lost in Translation' sometime, looks good.
Anyway, better go,
Bye!!!